SimpleForms strives to provide employers and their employees who use SimpleForms’ services (collectively, Users, or you), a user-friendly platform that automates and simplifies employee tax form completion and compliance, as well as any number of customized onboarding and offboarding documents specific to your employer.
To do this, we recognize you must trust us with your personal information. Maintaining your trust is one of our top priorities, and as a result, we abide by the following principles to protect your privacy:
• Because privacy and security go hand-in-hand, we have implemented industry standard administrative, technical and physical security safeguards designed to protect your and your employees’ information.
1. INFORMATION COLLECTION
The amount of information we collect depends on which features of the Service you use. SimpleForms needs personal information about you, your employees, and their dependents as applicable to provide the Service, and by providing the information to us you consent to our processing of this information.
More specifically, we may collect the following categories of personal information about you:
• Registration Information: Your email address and password (your login credentials), and other information necessary to set up your account on and to use the Service, which will depend on the features you use or your employer chooses to use.
• Identity information: Your name, physical address, and Social Security Number/tax identification number.
• Demographic information: If you voluntarily submit information regarding your race in response to Equal Employment Opportunity Commission questionnaires to your employer through SimpleForms.
• Information from Third-Party Sites and Services: If you use SimpleForms to manage third party services that integrate with the Service, we may have access to your information on such third-party services. We may, for example, have information about your use of a third-party payroll service provider.
• Device and IP Information: When you access the Service, we automatically receive the internet protocol (“IP”) address of your computer or the proxy server that you use to access the internet, in addition to other technical information such as your computer operating system details, your type of web browser, your mobile device (including your mobile device identifier provided by your mobile device operating system), your mobile operating system, and the name of your ISP or mobile carrier. SimpleForms may log this information and analyze it to determine anomalous behavior, detect threats and generally improve the Service.
• From your interaction with Customer Support: When you contact our customer support team, we may review your user profile. Customer support will collect the information necessary to categorize your questions, respond to them, and, if applicable, investigate and resolve any issue you bring to our attention or that we discover independently. We may also use this information to track potential problems and trends, improve the Service, and customize our support responses to better serve you.
2. USES AND DISCLOSURES OF YOUR INFORMATION
SimpleForms uses the information it collects about you as set forth below:
• To provide the Service: SimpleForms uses the information it collects to provide the Service to our Users – including to provide User-specific and customized experiences where necessary and appropriate, with the goal of facilitating hassle-free onboarding and employee tax form compliance through our platform.
• To improve and customize the Service: SimpleForms is constantly seeking ways to improve your experience with the Service. As a result, we will analyze data we collect about your use of the Service to help us improve our products, including our software, infrastructure, user interfaces, and integrations with our partners.
• To integrate with Third Parties: To support our Users, SimpleForms may integrate our system with third parties. For example, SimpleForms may integrate the Service to support your preferred payroll service. If you have an independent direct relationship with a third party integrated into the Service, any permissions you may have granted to that third party will govern their use of your data. Otherwise, any third party used by SimpleForms to help provide the Services will not have any independent right to access or use your personal information.
• To communicate with you: SimpleForms wants to help you know how to best take advantage of the Service, especially as we improve and develop new features. We may send messages relating to your use of the Service. We may also send you messages about Service-related matters through our dashboard or by email. Also, because we want to improve the Service, we may occasionally send promotional materials out via email so that you are able to take advantage of new or unused features. More details about our advertising and marketing activities are provided below. You can control whether you receive future non-Service-related messages by unsubscribing in the message itself.
• To advertise and market to you: As noted above, SimpleForms relies on cookies, beacons, and mobile SDKs to recognize your browser or mobile device in order to serve you ads. These same technologies are used by SimpleForms to analyze the effectiveness of our advertising and email marketing campaigns. SimpleForms may use third party services, data, and software tools to target advertising to you, perform campaign effectiveness analysis, help us identify and reach potential Users, and track the performance of our site and advertising generally. SimpleForms’ third party advertising vendors do not have any independent right to use SimpleForms’ data or that of our Users.
To learn more about advertising technologies and how to opt-out of online behavioral advertising, please visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org or the Network Advertising Initiative’s online resources, at http://www.networkadvertising.org, or the Digital Advertising Alliance at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/. You may also opt out of tracking and receiving online behavioral advertising on your mobile device by some mobile advertising companies and other similar entities by downloading the App Choices app at http://wwwaboutads.com/info/appchoices. These sites are not controlled by SimpleForms, but provide an opt-out from advertising exchanges. Depending on your mobile device, you also can control tracking technologies through your settings by resetting your advertising ID. Please note that the only way to completely “opt out” of the tracking that cookies and other technologies enable is to actively manage the settings on your browser or mobile device, which may negatively impact your ability to use the Service.
• To comply with valid legal process and similar disclosures: SimpleForms may disclose your information as permitted by law or as reasonably necessary to:
1. Comply with a legal requirement or process, for example, civil and criminal subpoenas, court orders or other compulsory disclosures;
3. To protect the rights, property, or safety of SimpleForms, our employees, or our Customers and Users.
3. YOUR CHOICES
• Right to access, correct, and delete your personal information: Users have a right to access, modify, correct, or delete personal information controlled by SimpleForms as necessary. In some cases, information deletion must be coordinated with your employer to ensure compliance and proper record-keeping.
4. IMPORTANT INFORMATION
• Security: SimpleForms has implemented industry standard administrative, technical, and physical security safeguards designed to protect the personal information that you provide. Access to your data on our Service is password-protected, and data is protected by SSL encryption when it is exchanged between your web browser and the Service. SimpleForms encrypts your data “in transit” (between you and the Service) and “at rest” (when your data is sitting in SimpleForms’ data repository). We also support secure https access to the WhatTaxForm.com website. To protect any data you store on our servers, we also regularly monitor our system for possible vulnerabilities and attacks.
As you know, however, the Internet is not a 100% secure environment, and as a result, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information that you transmit to us. There is no guarantee that information may not be accessed, disclosed, altered, or destroyed by breach of any of our administrative, technical, or physical safeguards. It is your responsibility to protect the security of your login information. Please help keep your account safe by using a strong password.
• Storage and Processing: Your information collected through the Service may be stored and processed in the United States or any other country in which SimpleForms or its subsidiaries, affiliates or service providers maintain facilities.
• California’s Shine the Light Law: California Civil Code Section 1798.83, known as the “Shine The Light” law, permits Users who are California residents to request and obtain from us a list of what personal information (if any) we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes in the preceding calendar year and the names and addresses of those third parties. Requests may be made only once a year and are free of charge. Under Section 1798.83, we currently do not share any personal information with third parties for their own direct marketing purposes.
• California’s Do-Not-Track Disclosure: As required by the California Online Privacy Protection Act (California Business and Professions Code Sections 22575-22579), SimpleForms notes that although we do our best to honor the privacy preferences of our Users, and have implemented industry standard safeguards as described above, we do not respond to Do-Not-Track signals from your browser at this time due to the lack of a neutral and consistent industry standard. SimpleForms does not collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or services. However, if SimpleForms uses third-party services, data, and software tools to target advertising to you, these third parties may collect personal information about your online activities over time and across third party websites or services.
• Users under the age of 13: The Service is a general audience site not directed at children under the age of 13. SimpleForms does not knowingly collect or solicit any information from anyone under the age of 13 or knowingly allow such persons to register as Users. In the event that we learn that we have collected personal information from a child under the age of 13, we will delete that information as quickly as possible. If you believe that we might have any information from a child under 13, please contact us as set out in Section 5 below.
5. CONTACT US
You may contact us by mail at:
P.O. Box 34203
San Diego, CA 92163
You may also reach us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Effective date: October 1, 2016.